What is courier Tracking software?
Courier tracking software is typically used by companies that deliver packages by drivers or messengers. Courier companies need a program to track customer that request delivery. Details about the package, and who will be delivering the package to the recipient. The central person responsible for a smooth transaction is the operations manager or dispatcher. In the ‘old days’ this was done on a chalk board or white board. Now shipments show up on a single screen, making it easier to follow up on the deliveries. Each shipment typical assigned a waybill number. Often multiple way bills are consolidated and shipped by a common carrier. These way bills travel under one master waybill number. A delivery agent is responsible for breaking apart the consolidation and getting each packages delivered. The software program should simplify the consolidation of these shipments
Advance courier software in modern time:-
Modern courier software allows customer to place and track orders from the courier’s web site.”Track and Trace’ is the term for getting status information on a delivery. The proof of delivery is sent in the main office by the messenger, driver or delivery agent either by phone, fax or electronically.
Features of courier Tracking software:-
It reduces paper work, save time, and helps you stay on top of everything. Improved efficiency can mean improved profits. Using software to manage your same day courier company can reduce a huge amount of paperwork you deal with, all while keeping your records up-to date. And reducing administrative tasks helps everyone.
Here are some additional benefits to using courier management software:-
- Your operating costs decrease due to improved efficiency in scheduling
- Downtime is minimized
- Productivity increases since you spend less time on administrative tasks
- You’ve got better control over your own process
- Your managers have more time to work on the items that improve your profits.
- You can connect to your mobile device and be productive on the go
There are some additional reasons companies are adopting courier management software:-
- Multiple existing system can all be integrated with the software, streaming operation
- Less chance of errors
- Courier software that really is easy to use
- Processes can be made more consistent
- Increased visibility at every stage of the process
For purchasing courier tracking software and other courier software, one can visit the website